[time-nuts] Timex wristwatch

Rich and Marcia Putz rputz at bnin.net
Sat Jan 9 23:24:20 UTC 2010

Hi All;
Just an aside.
I was just cleaning up some odd and ends today and found a Timex Expedition wristwatch I retired two Christmas' ago when I was given a Casio Wavecepter by my daughter. I looked and it  "kept on tickin" while in the drawer, it was 7 seconds behind the Casio! I would always bring it into alignment with my Sharp "atomic" wall clock daily while wearing it.
A little math if I did it right, about 1.1parts in 10-7! Not bad for a $20 watch.
Rich