[time-nuts] I think I've become a Volt nut too.

Dr. Frank Stellmach drfrank.stellmach at freenet.de
Tue Jan 12 19:49:47 UTC 2010

>  Hi All,
>
>  I have been a time nut for some time now. I think I've become a Volt nut
>  too! I build the Silicon Chip magazine Voltage reference late last year but
>  didn't have anything to compare it against so I bought a Fluke 732A DC
>  reference standard.

>  I there a group I can subscribe to that can help me with this?

>  Can I coin the phrase; A man that has one DC Voltage standard knows how
>  accurate his meter is, whereas a man with two standards is not quite sure!

>  Regards,

>  Nic

>  VK2KXN VK5ZAT

  Hi Nic,

please goto febo.com/pipermail/volt-nuts; John Ackermann opened a parallel mailing list to time-nuts to have a distinct discussion platform.

I'm interested also, what kind of reference is used in the Silicon Chip magazine..is it LTZ1000 based?

A single volt-reference would be sufficient, if it is calibrated peridiocally, i.e. if its drift rate is determined during at least 5 calibrations or so.
In this case, a certainty of around 1ppm would be achievable.

A 2nd reference would be better for keeping a working standard at home while the other is out for calibration.
And an ensemble of 4 is good for averaging the VOLT below 1 ppm.

Frank