[time-nuts] T-Bolt Question

Jim Mandaville zygo at dakotacom.net
Thu Jan 14 17:07:50 UTC 2010

Starting without good saved coordinates will put you into search
mode, and it may take around 45 minutes to an hour to establish a
position, after which you will see SVs and AMUs.

Once you get a good position, either from self-survey by the Tbolt or
by a different GPS, you can enter these as follows:

On the Tbolt monitor main page:

go to menu heading setting "setup"; under that, go to "position"

In the "position" window, type in your coordinates.  (The lat. and
long. must be in degrees and decimal degrees. If you are starting
with degrees, minutes and decimal minutes, divide the minutes with
decimal minutes by 60 and add the result to your original whole
degrees.)  The longitude must start with a negative sign if it is
west.  For east, no sign is required.

click "set accurate position"; then click "save segment" and close the window

you should now see the saved position in the main Tbolt window and
the Tbolt will now start from scratch using these coordinates.  This
will reduce your fix time to a few minutes.

Jim