[time-nuts] 4 KV Power Supply Recommendations

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Sun Jan 17 04:00:46 UTC 2010

J. L. Trantham wrote:

> Any thoughts on a source for an external HV power supply for this
> application?

Cheapest way I know is a 3500 volt, 10 ma neon sign transformer and a
high voltage rectifier diode.  The transformer will cost you about $30
new and a replacement diode for a microwave oven can't be over $10 even
at appliance parts dealer rip-off price.

You'll need a variac too, as the rectified voltage will be a bit high
otherwise.

IF you can't find a transformer locally, drop me a note off-list.

John

--
John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN