[time-nuts] 4 KV Power Supply Recommendations

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Jan 18 02:04:31 UTC 2010

This is just nuts.  A light bulb in the primary side will not render a
microwave oven transformer safe, either to an ion pump or to you.  If you're
lucky, by the time the filament comes up to temperature and starts to limit
the current, the ambulance will already be on its way.

Just feed it 100 uA to 1 mA for a few days and let the current come down on
its own.  You're going to have to repeat the application anyway as soon as
you power up the Cs oven, so you might as well rig up something safe and
sustainable.

-- john, KE5FX

To unsubscribe, go to
and follow the instructions there.