[time-nuts] Z3815A vs Z3816A [Z3805A]

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 19 04:35:35 UTC 2010

Steve Rooke wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> 2010/1/18 John Allen <john at pcsupportsolutions.com>:
>
>> 2.it come with the 16 channels GPS module (made by furuno  in japan ) <Hp
>
> I've tried in vein to find information about the Furuno GPS, even
> contacting the manufacturers directly :-(
>
>> But My Z3805A come with Two 10mhz and Two 1PPS Two RS422.and
>> base the information from Korea
>
> It actually has two RS232 connections, one tat seems to function
> similar to the Z3801A/Z3816A and another which I have no clue as to
> what it does?
>
>> also come with E1/T1 Output because it provides can be reused for various
>> purposes on the Network.
>
> Just where/what is this?

Expect a 1544 kb/s or 2048 kb/s locked to the GPS with no phone channels
and SSM codes (see ITU-T G.781, available online for free) being either
DNU (Do Not Use) or when locked PRC (Primary Reference Clock). Possibly
could a free-wheeling code such as SSU be sent.

That's about it. Nothing fancy, but exactly what a SSM network would
like to see from a timing source.

Cheers,
Magnus