[time-nuts] Test Equipment

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Thu Jan 21 21:46:07 UTC 2010

One thing to look at is the Tek TM500 stuff. When I lived in a small
appartment, it was very helpful. There are a wide variety of modules
available, often in the $20 to $30 range. They are also mostly pretty easy
to fix and use mostly standard OTS parts.

The TM500 stuff is NOT a substitute for high end instruments, but is well
above hobby grade. BTW, the RF generators are not very good on frequency
stability. You can get 6 lab grade instruments in a box about 9" wide x
14" high x 18" deep.

FWIW,
-John