[time-nuts] Test Equipment

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 01:18:22 UTC 2010

All good comments.
Totally agree it depends on your interests on what will get used the most. I
have a very wide range of gear that I have picked up since becoming a test
equipment junky. Though the gear I have is not really junk, pretty far from
it. Multiple spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, generators and scopes,
on an on. One good thing is that often the gear just needs some tlc to get
back into to shape. It also helps to simply clean the stuff. A bit of soap
and water and scrubbing gets years of grunge off.
I have learned so much from repairing this equipment for my hobby. Each
piece is a lesson on how to do things right. If it an HP, Tektronix, or
Rhodes and Shwartz. Fluke has really gone down hill for my 2 cents. Pretty
junky. Sorry I purchased a fluke 87 new. Live and learn.
Anyhow stick to good names and you can't go to wrong.
As for ebay silly prices for really high risk equipment. I quit using ebay
about 4 years ago.
I actually had purchased numbers of things from the auctions. But ebay
seemed to want to know far to much info on me. As they say time to shut her
down.