[time-nuts] ko4bb monitor

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Jan 24 02:09:01 UTC 2010

If you go back to the page where I describe the GPS Monitor
http://www.ko4bb.com/Timing/GPSMonitor/, you will see that the current chip
is a 20 pin 8051 from Silabs, an C8051F330D or GP. Bob simply bought the
chip I was using so that he could use my software. He changed the boot
prompt and that's it. It is not rocket science. Everything is described on
the page above, including the link to the Wiki page where the software and
the compiler used are described in more detail.

One problem is that the C8051F330D/GP has become obsolete, so I will have to
switch to another member of the family, probably a C8051F530A. The chip has
a few more features, so that will allow a little more functionality.
Unfortunately for hobbyists, the C8051F530A is only available in a TSSOP
package, which is harder to solder by hand.

The programming interface uses two wires and ground (and optionally Vdd).

Didier KO4BB