[time-nuts] Test Equipment Tables

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:38:53 UTC 2010

> If you are looking for massive tables on the cheap, you can indeed build them.
> The only real drawback is that it's a build in place item. You aren't going to take it with you when you move. There are various versions of that table scattered all over the >US.

My work bench is two 2" thick, eight foot long planks, bolted to two
two-drawer filing cabinets, then covered with anti-static-mat.
The anti-static-mat is screwed into the wood.  So when it comes time
to move this you unscrew and unbolt and you are on your way.
As added bonuses you have four filing cabinet drawers to keep manuals
and schematics in.

You can see it here: http://www.designer-iii.com/Solder/

Two drawer cabinets that you can buy today are a bit shorter so they
need some cement blocks hidden under them,
or double up on the planks.

I've not seen anyone address the anti-static issues in setting up a workbench...

The Preface to Murphy's Law:
 We, the willing,
  Lead by the unknowing.
   Are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...
    We have done so much for so long...
     With so little...
      We are now qualified to do anything...
       With nothing...