[time-nuts] Test equipment / work benches...

Keith Payea kpayea at bryantlabs.net
Sun Jan 24 18:43:41 UTC 2010

Here's a couple of items from the Make Magazine site:

Re-purposing IKEA furniture to hold rack mount gear:
http://wiki.eth-0.nl/index.php/LackRack

A workshop to dream about:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/01/dream_workshop.html

How many hours did that person work to make everything look good for the
cameras, and what does it look like in mid project?

In my own lab I didn't use Ikea furniture, but I did build a two bay wooden
rack.  90% of the gear is on slides or sliding shelves (using drawer
hardware), so the wood is not a drawback.  The sides and intermediate
upright are 2x4 frames with OSB panels glued into dados for strength.

Cheers,

	Keith