[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:32:04 UTC 2010

Hi Charles,

I'm in a similar boat where I've worked with static sensitive parts without
any problems without having so much as put on a wrist strap.  It's just
never been an issue, even with our RH sitting around 12% here in New
Mexico.  I've been shoulder deep in Cray and SGI supercomputers without
worrying about it.  Then the day came where I needed to do surgery on my
network analyzer.  I figured the $20 for the coating was cheap insurance.  I
don't have $37k sitting around to replace it should I fry it.   That was the
first time I ever put on a wrist strap too!

-Bob