[time-nuts] HP 58516A GPS distribution amplifier information

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Wed Jan 27 17:27:41 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anybody torn into one to see how easy/hard that would be? Sometimes HP's
> construction techniques are not very "hacker friendly"..

Bob, I had to do that because my 8 way version came from the swap meet
fried ( it was only $5).  The circuitry inside is very obvious since it
is all surface mount.
> Since you probably will have multiple GPS's on the gizmo (why have it
> otherwise...) Leaving the 200 ohm DC resistors in place does not sound like
> a problem. Maybe you short out two of the DC blocks rather than just one.

  Converting it to be powered from the No 1 output is easy, but you do
NOT want to try to power the antenna from two outputs. Unless you want a
schizoid divider.

Dan