[time-nuts] HP 58516A GPS distribution amplifier information

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Jan 27 21:42:39 UTC 2010

Hi Bob,

If you get a "smart" splitter they might have a "network" option or even
as standard take DC for the antenna from any port on the splitter.

This is from http://www.symmetricom.com/link.cfm?lid=4907

"The purpose of the micro-controller is to sense the bias voltage
present on each of the output ports, and it always selects the
lowest numbered port (1, 2, 3 or 4) to supply power to the
splitter and to the GPS antenna. Each of the three remaining
ports is configured by the micro-controller to sink a “standby”
current of 25mA @5V."

--

    Björn