[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:57:10 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Neville Michie <namichie at gmail.com>:
> And no-one ever invented complimentary N channel and P channel valves
> (tubes).

True but they did come up with a lot of designs involving multiple
grids etc which allowed a single valve to perform more complex
functions. Remember the old magic-eye indicators, triodes and pentodes
in the same envelope, mixers, etc.

> And they had a service life of 5000 hours and they stoppd working properly.

And they were easy to fault-find, and replacement was a breeze.

I'm too far off topic now, sorry to hi-jack the thread.

Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;