[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material - OT

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 06:26:53 UTC 2010

Please don't let you cat talk to mine!

Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas A. Frank" <ka2cdk at cox.net>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:56:10 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material - OT

> The largest discharge we got was from an acrylic rod and the cat.

Speaking of cats...one of mine has learned that he can rub across the
blanket on the bed and build up quite a charge.

In the middle of the night, if one of the other cats is in 'his
spot', it is not uncommon to find him rubbing vigorously, then going
over to that cat and lightly tapping him on the butt, dumping his
charge with a brilliant spark...and a very startled leap from the
sleeping one.

Why hiss and pounce and wrestle when you have electricity at your whim?

Tom Frank, KA2CDK

P.S. - while thus far he hasn't tried that on us, we have added a
humidifier to the room, just in case.