[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Fri Jan 29 12:22:44 UTC 2010

Hi

At least down here the CF lamps seem to run at least 2X and probably more than that compared to the old style bulbs. There are 20 of them in this room so that's a pretty good sample.

The big thing I notice is that the room does not self heat as much with 1/10th the power going into it. Right now a little self heating might be nice. Not so much so in the summer ....

The only issue I've seen is that they don't seem to like tightly enclosed fixtures very much. They seem to need a much lower temperature at the base than an old style bulb. In a can light, or most open fixtures that's not an problem. In some covered / enclosed celling fixtures they don't seem to get the cooling they need.

Bob