[time-nuts] XL-AK Receiver: Worth it?

Steve Wiseman sjwiseman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:50:51 UTC 2010

On 29/01/2010, Bruce Lane <kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com> wrote:
> 	The manual I found at Symmetricom's site says the 10MHz out is an
> option, not standard equipment. As to why I'm asking this, it's because
> I've never encountered an XL-AK before and I'm separated from the actual
> unit by about 3,000 miles.

My XL-AK has a patchbay inside, with rows of 0.1" jumper strips,
letting me select what output goes to each of the 5 output BNCs.
It definitely emits 10MHz, as that's the (only) signal I use from it.
I didn't specify or buy it, it's an ebay squander from years ago (my
fist ever time-nuts purchase), so I've got no idea if it's standard.
If you want a lid-off photo, let me know.

Steve