[time-nuts] XL-AK Receiver: Worth it?

Steve Wiseman sjwiseman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:12:39 UTC 2010

On 29/01/2010, Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> This feature is only available if the output configuration board is
> installed ( see section V of the manual).
> The basic unit is unlikely to have this board installed.

OK, I've whipped the lid off mine...
The output board doesn't have anything with much smarts on it- there's
a PLD (22V10) and a bunch of TTL buffers and opamps. Therefore, I
suggest that 10MHz appears on the 64-pin DIN41612 connector, whether
the spiffy output board is fitted or not.
Obviously a gamble, but I'd guess the 10MHz is there for taking.

Steve