[time-nuts] LED Spectra mentioned in time-nuts Digest, Vol 66, Issue 164

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sat Jan 30 17:45:50 UTC 2010

The Spectrometer I used is an Ocean Optics HR2000. It's a small box about
2" x 4" x 6" and has a FO input and a USB connection. It is powered from
my laptop via the USB port.

I bought mine at an MIT Flea Market last summer. The SW is available from
the manufacturer.

I don't recall what I paid, but it was certainly less than $250. If
anybody is interested in one, I still have the seller's contact
information. He may still have them.

I believe these particular units came from a biomedical analyzer of some
sort. The gratings (hence the dispersion) can be changed at the factory,
but it costs something like $500 last seen.

Best,
-John