[time-nuts] [OT] Ikea Lamp

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:21:13 UTC 2010

Clarke
Sorry to hear that you hurt your eyes. I suspect many are unaware of the
risk.
I have experimented with higher power LEDs but nothing like 7 watts so very
good to have learned something. I have to say even looking at the lower
power LEDs you get the feeling that looking straight on is not a good idea.

My wife used some of the new LEDs on a christmas tree this year. We didn't
like them and turned them off using just the traditional lamps. She now
understands what a point source is.
Also if straight on they were quite bright off angle 12 degrees they were
pretty dim.

I have tinkered for a while looking for effectively spread leds for panel
meters. I dislike changing lights in my radios. But the LED simply do not
spread light the way lamps do.

Like your idea of the flexible trouble light.