[time-nuts] Self winding clock co. Weatern union clock

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Sat Jan 30 21:26:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I picked up a nice big clock that has "self winding clock co. New York"
and "western union" on the face.

After some research on the web I connected a 3V battery up and it wound
itself OK.

Fiddled with the orientation a bit to get the pendulum swing balanced and
it seems to be running OK now.

How to I advance or retard the hands to set the time?

Also how do I test the synchronizer?

I see two Fahnestock clips That look to connect to the synchronizer
solenoid.

With an appropriate interface can I synchronize it to a GPS 1PPH?

Thanks,

Corby Dawson