stork3264 at comcast.net stork3264 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 14:29:28 UTC 2010

Morris,

Hg is a liquid at room temperature.  It evaporates into gaseous Hg.  It "disappears" from all these little reservoirs.  So there is no chance of long term Hg build up on floors in medical facilities.  Here's an experiment we did as children.  Apply a small amount of Hg to a silver coin.  The coin becomes very silvery and very slick with little friction.  This is only temporary though.  The Hg evaporates over night and the coin is back to it's dull color the next day.  As a disclaimer, I don't advise doing this experiment today.

Stork

Message: 3