[time-nuts] PICTIC II

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Thu Jul 1 12:50:17 UTC 2010

Dear Richard, and other Time-Nuts,

Congratulations! Looks like a very nice design!

One remark and one question:

* Remark: For those running a non-windows-OS, use Virtualbox (for exampe
the free version from Oracle). This works perfect and allows e.g. Linux
users to run windows applications, like ExpressPCB.

* Question: Is there someone in the US willing to organize a group-buy
of PCBs? When people from outside the US want to order ExpressPCB boards
they have to pay about the double prices and taxes will be added....
This would make 17USD board (3 for 51USD as metioned by Richard) cost
around 60 USD per board(!) (including shipping overseas, taxes and duties).

This project looks very nice for doing some experiments. I had a fun
time playing with the simple Pictic, looking forward to playing with the
Pictic II!

Best regards, Jeroen