[time-nuts] Info on General Radio 275, 276, 375, & 376

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Sat Jul 3 23:21:49 UTC 2010

I am in the early stage of writing a history of the General Radio model 275 crystal (piezoelectric) oscillator. I have one complete 275, and parts to a second.  The 275 was the first commercially available crystal oscillator.  I hope to restore both 275s to operation.  The paper will also cover the model 375 station monitor which followed the 275 and used the same oscillator.  I have most of a 375, which I will soon begin restoration.  I am interested in any pieces of hardware, including models 276 and 376 Quartz Plates, and any documentation (or copies thereof) including the relevant portions of the General Radio E and F catalogs.

Sincerely,

John    WA4WDL

John M. Franke
1500 Ibis Ct.