[time-nuts] PICTIC II Programmed 16f688 chips

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jul 5 13:35:28 UTC 2010

Hi

One thing to consider:

If you Google "PIC Programmer" there are a number of hits for sub $20 gizmos that are everything you would ever need as the hardware is concerned. The programming software is a free download off the Microchip site. It runs on any and all Windows operating systems. Programing parts is pretty simple and essentially foolproof. PIC's are pretty common, so you probably will use the programmer again.

On a similar note - I would put the PIC on the board in a socket. If there are future software enhancements, the chip will need to be pulled to be re-programmed.

Bob