[time-nuts] Nuts and Phoolery

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 5 14:29:13 UTC 2010

Steve Rooke wrote:
> On 5 July 2010 06:10, J. Forster <jfor at quik.com> wrote:
>> Why stop there? How about buying Russian Hydrogen MASERs and putting them
>> in hand-rubbed old growth teak boxes and selling them for $995,000?
>
> They are pulling out 14,500 y/o kauri trees (hard wood) out of peat
> bogs over here which are perfectly preserved in the lack of oxygen (I
> have a cutting board made out of some). Maybe the boxes should be made
> out of this wood because it has a zero oxygen content and was grown
> before the advent of electricity and radio signals so none of these
> are trapped inside it and will not interfere with the quality of the
> audio. Also the very tight and narrow rings in the wood increase the
> high frequency response and do not attenuate the reference frequency
> of the HM leading to perfect sound. Combined with silver stranded litz
> wire bunches rolled together on the thighs of virgin Cuban young woman
> during a lunar eclipse to exclude the effects of solar flares.

Uhh.. solar eclipse.. you want the moon blocking the radiation from the
sun, and, in reality, you probably want to wait a few minutes ( or
hours) after the totality, because the particles move slower than light.

Of course, with a lunar eclipse, you have the earth blocking the
radiation, but that happens every night, and I leave it to time nuts to
determine precisely when the blocking effect is greatest (just saying
midnight is probably only accurate to minutes.. what with equation of
time and all)

Or some such foolery..