[time-nuts] Question Submission

Mark Gulbrandsen ksa50amp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 13:59:49 UTC 2010

Hi all, I recently aquired a nice Efratom MFS-286 system which is in perfect working order. Two MFK Rubidium oscillators, changover, and GPS module plus several distribution amps and dual power supplies. I found the manual on the MFK Rubidiums but have not been able to find anything on the MGPS module. This module uses a common Trimble receiver board but goes way beyond that... there are a number of other boards in that module and I'm curious what exactly they do and how they function. I also need to know how to set this module up properly. The MGPS also produces time code and does the auto correction functions and a number of other things. I am also wondering if the front panel LCD on that module has a back light or not??? Any help finding a manual or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Mark Gulbrandsen
SLC, UT