[time-nuts] PIC-TIC boards

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 17:40:25 UTC 2010

Hi
For the ones that are not able to get DIP I have in the past installed a
SOIC on a repair by using wires I saved from resistors that I had to cut and
soldered them into the holes, formed them, put the SOIC in place and
subsequently connected to the IC. Since it is only one it can be done in ten
minutes.
Before any new boards get ordered I would change the layout. Surface mount
is no fun but if a hole is placed on each side so the device can be held in
 place with a wire before soldering (third hand) it is very easy. I am 68!
Bert

In a message dated 7/14/2010 12:47:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,