[time-nuts] Did my Tbolt die ?

Adam Feigin awf at iis.ee.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 17 07:02:40 UTC 2010

After rebooting one of my servers, I noticed that I was no longer
getting information from my Thunderbolt. Low and behold, it really seems
to be no longer supplying TSIP packets on the serial port. The PS is
okay, and the PPS and 10Mhz outputs also are working. Its just the
serial output which seems to be broken. Connected it directly to a PC,
and tried with both Heather and Tboltmon. Heather says No COM1 Serial
Port data seen, and Tboltmon shows data being sent, but nothing being
received. Even tried a factory reset via Tboltmon, to no avail.

Have no idea why it might have stopped working.  Any suggestions ? TIA.