[time-nuts] firmware updates for Jackson Labs GPSDO

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 23:09:05 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

for those of you that have Jackson Labs Technologies, Inc. products we
have placed the latest firmware updates onto our web-site under the support
tab:

   _http://www.jackson-labs.com/support.html_
(http://www.jackson-labs.com/support.html)

This has been the first update since August of 2008 for Fury, so we left
the previous version on the website as well since that is working quite  well.

The following improvements have been made:

Fury GPSDO:

   * Added the NMEA output sentence $GPRMC to the $GPGGA command  output.
Both sentences are generated by default when the GPS:GPGGA 1 command is  sent
to Fury. This is useful since the RMC command includes additional info such
 as the date. Both sentences are now enabled/disabled together.

FireFly-IIA based products (including ULN-2550 and ULN-1100 GPSDO):

   * Fixed various minor issues such as NMEA period being 1.1s in  holdover
   * Performance improvements such as when entering/exiting  holdover
   * New antenna delay command can now be used to shift the  1PPS output in
1ns steps
   * A new sync command allows enabling the 1PPS pulse even when  no GPS
antenna has been connected
   * Various additional Gyro commands were added

FireFly-1A GPSDO:

   * Fixed various minor issues, such as \cr\cr\lf double  termination on
the NMEA sentence, the NMEA output having a 1.1s period rather  than a 1.0s
period in holdover, and others
   * Various performance improvements especially when coming out  of
holdover

A description of the new FireFly-IIA software features is available under
the "documentation" link in the support page.

We hope this helps, and as always welcome comments, bug notifications, and
questions.

bye,
Said