[time-nuts] Reference source 1E10^8 only ...Ideas

Don Collie jnr nccollie at vodafone.co.nz
Sat Jul 24 12:33:08 UTC 2010

I need a frequency reference for my frequency counters, it needs to be accurate to at least +or- 1 part in 10,000,000.
!0MHz would be OK, but also 5, or 1. Due to technical "improvements", the 4.43361875 MHz colour subcarrier which is available on the analogue TV system here in New Zealand, is no longer referenced to a Rubidium standard, and can be about +,- 1Hz in error. I have a communications receiver, and have been thinking of using this with Lyssajous
figures on an oscilloscope, with the receiver tuned to WWVH in Hawaii, but a GPS might be a possability, if there is satellite coverage here in Invercargill, southern NZ. Bearing in mind I don`t need extreme accuracy, what is my best option, please?.................................................Don.