[time-nuts] Basic question regarding comparing two frequencies

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 15:24:18 UTC 2010

Jim,

It might appear on the 2nd user market sooner, but the odds are you won't be able to either repair it or calibrate it as the manufacturer will have been the only supplier of either of these services, and no service manuals will exist.

If it is still in support, the mfr will calibrate/fix it for you if your pockets are deep enough (probably as much or more than you pay for it).  If (as is likely), it is out of support, then it will only be good for re-cycling or land-fill :-(

Hmmmm does anyone but us old fogies see anything wrong with a business model where stuff can't be fixed and has a support lifetime of 5 years or so ?????

Regards,
David Partridge