[time-nuts] Fury - Rubidium

Don @ True-Cal true-cal at swbell.net
Tue Jul 27 16:57:52 UTC 2010

My experience is very similar to Scott's. I ran many hours with both an LPRO-101
and FE-5680A. The disciplining behavior and Fury settings were the same for
either Rb. My biggest disappointment was the recovery time due to various common
or intentional bumps or especially, after power loss. I also had to let the
"system" settle in for a week before acceptable tracking smoothed out. Any long
term slope to the EFC trace (gpscon) caused excessive hunting and this didn't
settle down until the Rb was VERY stable. My gpscon TI and stddev was virtually
the same as Scott's if I had EFCS set to 1.0 to 1.5 but recovery was
unacceptable (maybe 24-hours) so I usually ran at 2.0 or 3.0 with
slight degrading of stddev to around 3.2. This EFCS setting allowed a much
better settling time around 3-hours.

DACG= 1000
EFCS = 2 to 3
EFCD = 50 (25 allows little better settling time)
PHASECO = 15 (I favor 10 Mhz over PPS)
 Regards...
Don