[time-nuts] Fury - Rubidium

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 19:57:53 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

it may help to increase DAC gain to get faster recovery times from "bumps"
etc.

On an OCXO, the frequency recovery from an upset should happen within a
couple of minutes, definitely less than 15 minutes to achieve frequency  lock.

The phase recovery (to 0ns offset) may take a couple of hours to do.

If it takes a very long time to recover, then I think increasing the DAC
gain, or alternatively the EFCS and PHASECO together may help.

Wikipedia has some good instructions on how to optimize PID type controller
 gains to get the fastest response with minimal noise...

Also, please make sure to disable temperature compensation when using the
external source, unless a thermistor is connected to the board, sensing the
Rb  temperature. Otherwise the temperature compensation may add noise due to
it  scaling the gain to huge values due to the missing thermistor.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 7/27/2010 09:58:41 Pacific Daylight Time,