[time-nuts] Updated Shera controller

Richard H McCorkle mccorkle at ptialaska.net
Wed Jul 28 23:59:37 UTC 2010

Bert,
In discussions with Brooks Shera the approach we are contemplating
is an interpolating TIC and 0-5v output add-on board for use with
his controller board. Minor modifications to the A&A engineering
board will route the XO to an interpolating front end and route the
outputs back to the controller board. The +/- 3v output will route
to the new board, which will supply 0-5v for an Rb. A new controller
PIC would be added, and the upgrade would be complete. So don't get
rid of those old Shera controllers just yet, an upgrade is in the
works. It won't have the features of the GPSMAX as Brooks thinks we
need to "KISS" the design, but it will increase the resolution and
gain so the original board can be used with Rubidium sources.

Richard