[time-nuts] What do you use?

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Thu Jul 29 16:25:10 UTC 2010

I have some old GR tuning forks; they're kinda noisy and bulky, but really
simple!
Don

Douglas Wire - PUPCo Studios
> I am working with an older Motorola M12M here to develop a new system for
> specialized industrial application. Simply using it for the dev. work and
> such and will finish off project with the new much better SM product and
> the
> plan is to go FPGA for the "thinking." Biggest issue and have never posted
> about it is that while the task here is only to essentially end up with
> what
> will need be known freq's in particular bands with NIST type accuracy to
> drive the project, the big difficulty is NOT using an oscillator like any
> of
> my ovens. Lots of ways to go, but nothing readily "seems" tight enough to
> not make the entire affair a massive hassle to get to accuracy. Simple
> would
> be have a darn time base that has some accuracy - that spoils the cost.
> Maybe I should install a metronome??? Yeah not yet found any cheap
> alternative that looks suitable to go from.
>

> Guess that was not what you asked either. Old M12M here.

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument are
as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road