[time-nuts] Fluke T-Bolt Monitor Dumb Question

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 17:51:37 UTC 2010

w1ksz at earthlink.net writes:

Is that  Daughter-Board soldered in or plugged in ?
It looks like it's plugged into  the connector but I can't
get it to budge and I really don't want to apply  too much
force and wind up breaking it.

--------------
Hi Dick

Leigh's right, it's soldered.

What might look like a plug is just the plastic separators on the pin
strips.

If, as Leigh did, you can manage without removing the daughter  board that
should make life a lot easier.

I originally tried to remove mine by cutting the pins, reason being it's
much easier to unsolder individual pins, but the PCB is a bit  "fragile",
perhaps solder hadn't flowed properly through the plated  holes, and the
wedging effect of even fine cutter blades was enough to push  one of the pins up
and take the through plating with it.
After that, as my Pace kit is boxed up right now, I resorted  to flooding
between the pins with molten solder and removing it that  way.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR