[time-nuts] HP 3458A schematic/service manual request

Robert Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Tue Jun 8 00:54:58 UTC 2010

Hi Jeff,
I checked the Agilent website, and I assume you did also.  There is no schematic to be had.  What I have discovered with
Agilent, is that certain instruments are made by particular divisions.  Some of those divisions consider those
schematics to be proprietary and they will not release them now, not in the near future, and may never be released.  I
ran across this with an LCR meter I bought on EBAY.  I tried to get schematics, as I thought he repair would be
relatively simple.  It passed self test, appeared functional, but very erratic.  I thought the problem would be within
the first few components near the front end.

I called the factory more than once, but the line I got was exactly what I described above.  I looked everywhere, but to
no avail.  I hope you have better luck than I did.  Maybe you can find a parts unit on EBAY cheap.

Bob