[time-nuts] Agilent "Flat Rate" repairs

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:28:26 UTC 2010

If you decide to let Agilent repair your instrument be aware that "flat
rate" doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. We sent a network
analyzer to them under the "flat rate" repair program and we were told that
certain repairs, anything expensive, wasn't covered and that the repair
would be considerably more.
I used to think that HP/Agilent's repair service was first rate. The last
few times we used them changed my mind. Still, certain things can only be
successfully repaired by them because they have proprietary software.