[time-nuts] Thunderbolt test results

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Fri Jun 11 13:29:40 UTC 2010

HI Bob,

     10 nanoseconds at the bottom, up to 10 microseconds at the top,
in three logarithmic sections.

Donal: Is the time-constant at its default of 100 seconds, and was the
above plot taken shortly after turning it on?  There has been lots of
talk on here about tweaking the performance.  Increasing the
time-constant to between 500 and 1000 seconds should help, as will
stabilising the environmental temperature.  Let it run for a few
weeks, and the oscillator will settle down, and you should get some
better results.

     TTFN,

          Peter