[time-nuts] Z3815A

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jun 11 14:38:15 UTC 2010

Hi

Your 10811's are likely a result of someone going through a *lot* of 10811's to pick those out. I believe that the 260 part in the Z3815 is specified for a maximum ADEV of 1x10^-12 at one second. They show a part like that on their standard spec sheet. It's certainly quite possible to hit that level of performance with a HC-40 package 5 MHz 3rd SC. The "sort out the best" units should be down below 5x10^-13 over the entire 1 to 100 second range.

That's based on the assumption that Symmetricom bought the tight spec parts. Without a late night trip to the Symmetricom file vault I doubt we'll ever really know what they specified.

Bob