[time-nuts] UTC and leap seconds

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Fri Jun 11 14:46:17 UTC 2010

Beside the general theoretical considerations as of what answer is more
acceptable (sincerely I agree so far)  and  what method could be used to solve
the matter, can anybody out there point me please to any article on actual
measurements of the variation rate of the earth's rotational speed, not based
on clocks?

(Speculative hint: We accept that the universe is expanding. Might this affect
the fine structure of matter, including cesium atoms? Is there any adverse
proof? What is easier to think? a) the expansion of the universe doesn't affect
at all the properties of matter. b) it might.).

Cheers,
Antonio I8IOV