[time-nuts] Odd FTS 4060 Behavior

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 21:05:46 UTC 2010

If it is always stable at 5xxxxx500.32 and has the lock light on than it
has to be in the PLL.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 6/12/2010 4:36:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rfnuts at arcor.de writes:

John,

it's been a while since I digged deeper into it, but I  remember having
had problems to adjust the OCXO to tuning voltage range  center when the
failure mode was there. I was already suspecting an OCXO  problem, but
haven't yet watched it for a long period of time. Now as  you're
suspecting the same, I'm planning to run the OCXO separated from  the
4060 on an external power supply.
Btw. all of the control voltages  are very close to what is hand marked
inside of the front lid (when it  runs correctly). The unit is stamped
Sept, 22, 1989 and has a Rev B  4-27-90 marked EPROM.
>From my old notes I see that the 'failure mode' 5 Mhz  output was
5,000,000.500,32 Hz. It was always stable at +1E-07  off.

Well, it would be much easier to have a spare 1000B, but I  don't.
Anyone got a 1000B that I could swap  in?

Adrian