[time-nuts] Advantages & Disadvantages of the TPLL Method

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sun Jun 13 08:00:51 UTC 2010

> Correlation-based phase noise measurements
> http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/pdf-others/correl-report.pdf
> -- for John Miles
>
> Practical Problems Involving Phase Noise Measurements
> http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2001/paper42.pdf
> --  also for John.

I've got these in my collection, but it never hurts to go back over them.
Both these papers, of course, end their exploration of averaged correlation
by saying "and here a dynamic signal analyzer is typically used." :-P

It turns out that the common OCXO I was using has a higher PN floor than I
thought (about -154 dBc/Hz) so I'll probably switch to independent OCXOs
before delving into this too much further.

-- john, KE5FX