[time-nuts] Odd FTS 4060 Behavior

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jun 14 05:10:22 UTC 2010

> I do not know why the manufacturers insist on gold plating leads that  are
> designed to be soldered. Silver plating seems like a better solution.

Gold doesn't tarnish so you can get a good solder joint after it's been
sitting around for a while.

There are enough hassles with lead that some/many PCBs now come with gold
over the exposed copper rather than solder.

I think the trick is to make the gold very very thin so it just disappears
into the solder.