[time-nuts] Odd FTS 4060 Behavior

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 18:21:52 UTC 2010

Pictures of 1000b dissembled  here:

http://www.n4iqt.com/fts1000b/pictures/

Believe it is similar.

Stanley

----- Original Message ----
From: Adrian <rfnuts at arcor.de>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Mon, June 14, 2010 6:17:30 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Odd FTS 4060 Behavior

Bert,

I was surprised how easy oven disassembly was.

Remove the 4 (8?) screws that hold the connector plate and pull it out.
Take 3 layers of rubber foam out.
Gently pull on the flex board to pull the oven out of the dewar (avoid
pulling on the tiny coaxial cable).
The dewar may come out of the outer box when you're pulling. It's just
wrapped with a layer of foam. I held mine back to keep it inside.
Don't worry about pulling a bit stronger if required, the oven assy will
start sliding out of the dewar.
When the assy is out, carefully remove the brittle hard foam shell.
Remove the heater transistor screws.
Unsolder the temperature sensor flex wires from the bottom PCB (mine
looked like they were just sticked in the PCB contacts, but were
actually soldered in).
Gently pull the oven out of the PCB connector.
Pull both PCB's out of the oven at the same time. They might stick a
little because there is some silicone rubber on the opposite edge.

Adrian