[time-nuts] My stubborn Z3801A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 15 05:18:07 UTC 2010

Hi Bob,

On 06/15/2010 05:21 AM, Robert Benward wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> I got it working the other day, thanks to yours, and Hal's email with
> the port configuration. I'm still not sure how the guy who sold it to me
> got it working with the 0 ohm resistors still in the circuit. So much
> for buying at a hamfest, and so much for ethical people.

Well, the side effect was that you got to buy it and you did end up
getting the necessary mods done. They are not very hard to do when you
have the correct info.

> I will have to try Ulrich's software soon. Tried Lady Heather, but it
> didn't see the unit.

Lady Heather is picky about her domination, as it needs to be a
Thunderbolt. Would be nice if she could care for Z38xx receivers as
well. Infact, it would be nice if these tools could handle multiple
receivers as well as multiple types of receivers.

Cheers,
Magnus