[time-nuts] 'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'

Francis Grosz fgrosz at otiengineering.com
Wed Jun 16 14:52:07 UTC 2010

Joe,

     If you have an analog 'scope with delayed sweep, set it up with the main time base
showing the 90 MHz signal in a convenient way (say 1 cycle/div) and then
use the delay to look at the signal some time later (after the initial trigger) with
the modulation on and off.  Any phase or frequency modulation should be pretty
 obvious then.  (Note:  Use delayed sweep, NOT delayed trigger; i.e., "B starts
after delay", not "B triggerable after delay".)

                    Francis Grosz