[time-nuts] Galvanic decoupling of GPS antenna

Robert Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Wed Jun 16 21:37:58 UTC 2010

Yuri,
Why don't you get a small GPS and keep it with the antenna, and isolate the
digital side of the GPS with opto couplers?  Supply power to the GPS, and
the GPS supplies power to the antenna.  Optically couple the digital side to
your controller.  The RF transformer you might come across are probably not
rated for isolation purposes, especially at +/-250V

Bob